What are your expectations going into engaged scholarship?
I’m hoping to meet more people outside of UC Berkeley. Also, I’m sure I will learn a lot more about the city of Berkeley and the non-students who live here.
Have you spent much time off campus since you got to Cal?
I have spent almost no time off campus doing non school related activities. Nearly everything I do is centered around campus life. Outside of school, I spend most of my time mountain biking or surfing, which I to travel outside of Berkeley to do. However, one of my favorite parts of living on the South side is walking or riding down Shattuck at the end of the day.
Are you from the bay area/not enrolled? If so, how does this affect your relationship to ACES?
I grew up in Menlo Park but I am a student here at UC Berkeley. I don’t feel like this affects my relationship to ACES. Maybe if I was from Berkeley or somewhere in the East Bay I would have a more direct tie to the program.
Which projects did you select and why?
I selected the Open Mic nights as my first choice. I have never been to an open mic night before and it sounds like a fun way to get involved in the Poetry community. Also, I enjoy putting on events where everyone is excited to be there.
What are your hopes & fears?
I hope that I will make more connections outside of school and become more involved in the Berkeley community. I would like to contribute something(more than enjoying all the great food here!) to Berkeley off-campus. I’m a little nervous about reading one of my poems at an open mic night. The most people I have read one of my poems to are the ten people in my section.
BOOYAH first post!
HAHA! Yay. Kudos to being the first post!
ReplyDelete